Thank you for visiting the home page of Eiji Ichinose, Certified Tax Accountant.
I started Tax Accountant Office in March 2021, after having worked mainly in a banking group in addition to managing the Finance Department of a firm listed on the First section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
It can be difficult for people who can't read Japanese to start a new business or to grow it further in Japan.
Besides the Japanese tax system that annoys even the Japanese, you are required to handle a wide range of business issues.
Having a reliable partner, who can communicate in English and understand your underlying objectives for each transaction what
you want to achieve, will concentrate on your business with keeping tax compliance to maximize benefit.
I lived in the United States and the United Kingdom for four and a half years.
I thank the people who supported and helped me during those days.
I sincerely hope to pay it forward by contributing to your proper tax management and improving your business operation with my experience.
I am looking forward to working for you.
- Key points when foreigners apply for permanent residency in Japan(②): Overseas property inherited from parents living in the home country is also taxable.
- Key points when foreigners apply for permanent residency in Japan(①): “Exit Tax from Japan” on unrealized capital gains.
- Changes to the rules on inter vivos gift and inheritance tax (Part 1): The revision of "the calendar year taxation system" for gift tax
Work Experience & Education
March 2021 - Present
Ichinose Eiji Certified Tax Accountant Office
License No. 142908
June 2023 - Present Audit & Supervisory Boar Member
Sansei Technogies Inc.（※）
※ Established in 1951, the company handles planning, designing, manufacturing, installing, repairing, and maintaining amusement rides, stage equipment, elevators, and specialized equipment.
It is also listed in the Tokyo Stock Exchange Market and owns S&S Worldwide, Inc. in the USA and Vekoma Rides in The Netherlands.
2019-2021 The Japan Research Institute, Limited, wholly owned by Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc
- Corporate staff of the Research & Consulting Division
2012-2019 Hibiya Engineering, Ltd. (Facilities engineering firm, listed in the Tokyo Stock Exchange Market)
- The latest position was Director of Finance Department for three years, as Senior Executive Officer
1983-2012 Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
I had engaged in
(a) Corporate research services, including in the bank’s London and New York office
(b) M&A advisory services,
(c) Corporate business promotion,
and (d) Corporate revitalization business.
1987-1989 Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Carnegie-Mellon University
1983-1987 Kyoto University: Bachelor of Economics
I mainly support sole proprietaries（kojin-jigyou）in Japan.
I appreciate your understanding.
- Individual income tax return
- Consumption tax return （if necessary）
- Preparation of application and notification forms to be filed with tax and other authorities
- Tax agent for non-resident
- Tax and business-related counseling
General indications of the fees
The fees vary according to the complexity of the business.
Please see below for a general indication of the fees.
Please feel free to ask for an estimate.
１ Filling of individual income tax return
- Basic fee (this is charged for all types of income) JPY44,000
- Basic fee for filing to receive the 20.42% rebate on the national pension lump sum withdrawal JPY44,000~
- Basic fee for filling a post-due tax return JPY121,000
- Additional charge for each income
|Payroll income（without Stock Option, RSU, and ESPP to name a few）
|No additional charge
|Payroll from Stock Option, RSU, and ESPP to name a few
|Income from real estate (Japan)
2 Other services
|“Spot”(onetime) Tax and business-related counselling
|JPY22,000 per hour.
|Tax agent for non-resident
Open hour: Mon – Fri 9:00-17:00
Eiji Ichinose Certified Tax Accountant Office
Eiji Ichinose, Tax Accountant
URL https://ichinotax.com （Japanese）